Renewed Hope

rfairclothed

Yeah, it can take a while. First time I went there I forgot a piece of gear I needed after waiting a few days. When I came back after fetching it, I seemed to wait days for it to show up again. I spent the nights in the trailers nearby, sleeping an hour or two at a time and waking to try the flashlight to see if it was working or not. Eventually it happened.

But yeah, the waiting around is a bit of an anti-climax after the "Renewed Urgency" of being able to resume your search for Astrid. If I'm honest, the pacing so far is very up and down. It is all very well if the player decides to goof off and do side-quests, or gather gear, or hunt, or whatever. But when the game decides for you, it is kind of frustrating. Now if dear old Jeremiah, when telling you about the dam, had said something like "You'll need to go in when the aurora is active and, by my reckoning, that'll be in six days..." and have that scripted in, then it would allow the player to finish up whatever other quests he was doing and stock up a little. But not knowing forces you to go there immediately so as not to miss it, and then there is the waiting around.

Archived