Easy rabbit tactic

shadow613

Here's an easy rabbit tactic...

Walk (don't run) towards where the rabbit will be walking to. When you're in his path he will be coming towards you. Crouch down, don't move and make sure he comes straight on and wait. The rabbit won't be scare until he's like 2 feet away from you! It's an easy kill when he's 2-5 feet from you!

1 hour ago, damuchi said:

then you unload a rifle round into its sad face.

Or just throw a rock at it and snap its neck like any reasonable person would, why would you waste the valuable ammo resource on something you can easily kill with your own bare hands...

There are a bit more advanced tactics to this particular one, but the general idea of this "guide" is okay. But you can still improve this strategy quite a lot if you observe the behaviour of rabbits in direction to some specific places. For the sake of spoiling the fun of finding out, I won't write it down unless asked.

You are on a good way, OP, but you still have ways to go to master the rabbit hunting techniques.

4 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Or just throw a rock at it and snap its neck like any reasonable person would, why would you waste the valuable ammo resource on something you can easily kill with your own bare hands...

Because real man fight wolves with knives and bears with arrows... I was just kidding... lol

5 minutes ago, damuchi said:

Because real man fight wolves with knives and bears with arrows... I was just kidding... lol

Actually, yes, you are right. In most of my Day 200 games I tend not to fire the rifle even once, I use bows to hunt deer, wolves and bears, I tend to carry distress pistol but I rarely shoot that as well, and I use stones and sometimes arrows (when I am lazy) to hunt for rabbits. I usually end up with 80-100 rifle rounds stockpile and 2-3 rifles in my main base but what is the point when bows are just so much better in the first place?

And I would fight a wolf off with a hatchet as those seem to be more effective.

But nothing beats beating up a wolf into submission with your fists, dressed in a loincloth made out of the wolf´s mother.

3 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Actually, yes, you are right. In most of my Day 200 games I tend not to fire the rifle even once, I use bows to hunt deer, wolves and bears, I tend to carry distress pistol but I rarely shoot that as well, and I use stones and sometimes arrows (when I am lazy) to hunt for rabbits. I usually end up with 80-100 rifle rounds stockpile and 2-3 rifles in my main base but what is the point when bows are just so much better in the first place?

And I would fight a wolf off with a hatchet as those seem to be more effective.

But nothing beats beating up a wolf into submission with your fists, dressed in a loincloth made out of the wolf´s mother.

I think you need to up your game difficulty. lol! Unless you are already on Interloper, then you're just OP at this game.

Just now, damuchi said:

I think you need to up your game difficulty. lol! Unless you are already on Interloper, then you're just OP at this game.

No rifles in Interloper.
I can handle Interloper pretty well but I have the dumbest luck - a number of times I have died to a wolf just before being able to finally craft the tools is ridiculous. And it always is some bullshit encounter like walking around a tree and finding a wolf in my face, in a place where there should be none. Don't think I have ever died on Interloper besides getting killed by a wolf, and most of the time it was just tough luck.
I play Voyager because I like the general layout of it - it is still dangerous but not that challenging, the wildlife is plentiful as it should be in middle of the canadian wilderness, and the predators are hostile but can be handled.

I plan to play more on Stalker but that mode is just meh so far for me because of how dumbly aggressive the wildlife is there. I feel like even the rabbits have fangs on Stalker, I don't really enjoy it that much.

Archived