Grey Mother question/answer has no text or dialogue

stratvox

Okay, I've made it to the Grey Mother. Unlike some others, the cut scene is working for me, using the work around of changing a graphics setting when starting the executable and then changing it back, and then starting the game. However, once I get to the question and answer session with the Grey Mother, I'm seeing the two characters going back and forth with "Next" buttons but there's neither audio nor text (yes, I don't have subtitles on) so I'm not actually learning anything.

To sum up the issues I've encountered so far... in linux, cutscenes require a work around that must be done every time you launch the program. If the mouse is locked to the screen, the cursor becomes invisible, and even fully stops working after a short period of time. During dialog with NPCs, the audio of the conversation is not working.

All that said, this is a great game, and I'm completely loving it. Hope you folks can get this fixed soon.

I have had all of those same issues also, as wel las the super short view / render distance.

On 05/08/2017 at 6:42 PM, stratvox said:

Okay, I've made it to the Grey Mother. Unlike some others, the cut scene is working for me, using the work around of changing a graphics setting when starting the executable and then changing it back, and then starting the game. However, once I get to the question and answer session with the Grey Mother, I'm seeing the two characters going back and forth with "Next" buttons but there's neither audio nor text (yes, I don't have subtitles on) so I'm not actually learning anything.

To sum up the issues I've encountered so far... in linux, cutscenes require a work around that must be done every time you launch the program. If the mouse is locked to the screen, the cursor becomes invisible, and even fully stops working after a short period of time. During dialog with NPCs, the audio of the conversation is not working.

All that said, this is a great game, and I'm completely loving it. Hope you folks can get this fixed soon.

Stratvox do you have a link to the instructions for the cutscene work around?

17 hours ago, pinaclepixel said:

I have had all of those same issues also, as wel las the super short view / render distance.

Stratvox do you have a link to the instructions for the cutscene work around?

When you launch TLD, go into Options -> Graphics and change a setting, any setting, and hit confirm. Then change it back, and hit confirm. The cut scenes will work now.

Archived