Grey Mother Cut scene Didn't Trigger

Wes of Death

Was on the edge of death and sprinted past the sign to Milton over the bridge and went inside the house with smoke coming from the chimney. Music played as I went past the sign however, that was it. I walked in and stood by the fire for a while and wondered why the old lady wouldn't interact with me. Now I look online and there is a whole cut scene that didn't trigger. That sucks.. ruined this part of the story for me. Does anybody know any kind of work around besides starting all the way over? I've been playing since 2014 and I can't stand the super aggro wolves on the way to Milton. I really don't wanna start over lol!

pc: i7-6700k Asus 1080

I reloaded the checkpoint. When I click on her nothing happens. I even thought maybe it was just something didn't trigger before. I went all the way back to the first bridge and came back (WITHOUT ANY WOLF ATTACKS!!!) and nothing helped. I am still just standing in her living room and she ignores that I exist.

I had started a game yesterday and then patched it. Actually i had to submit another bug. When the patch rolled out it broke my game. I couldn't even start it. Steam was giving me an error telling me that I was using an unsupported platform to play the game. Online searches turned up that most people get this error when they install a 32 bit game on a 64 bit system. I had no idea what happened. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It started up however, this happened.

Archived