Immortal bear critical bug

FatherFrost

There is already the report about this bug in the Bug Database (TLDP-2922). I attached my savegame to it because I have the same problem. Posting here to bring some attention to this critical bug. Here is the video what it looks like. Any suggestions? Because it looks like  my walkthrough is ruined - hours of play.

If you have a flare shot, use it right away. Then when he's panicked, shoot him or follow him, get to the next save. Shoot him at a distance, you can get off 1, maybe 2 shots, then flare when he charges. Rinse and repeat till he goes down.

So glad they fixed the bear struggle so that it doesn't cause a crash anymore. 

However, the bear is indeed immortal and that is working as intended. The journal requires that you have 6 encounters. Outside the cabin door counts as one. Not sure if you can get a shot off and then walk back inside the cabin, but you managed to get away anyway. 

But Jeremiah's advice is absolutely worthless. The bear will not run when you shoot it. As soon as it spots you, it will charge. Whether you shoot it once or twice, it will not flee. You will get mauled unless you shoot from an inaccessible position (such as a rock or something the Bear cannot path its way to). 

So, same rules as bear hunting in survival mode, except you cannot kill the bear by normal shooting/bleeding out. You have to go through the 6 encounters as each location.

Archived