Old Hunting Lodge

dmbjt

I'm assuming you mean The old hunting lodge as part of episode two, it is in the broken railway area which is reachable on the far side of forlorn muskeg.

When you get to the maintenance yard look for bolt cutters to get past the fence, follow the fairly obvious path from there

Sorry if that isn't the one you meant

Ha, I didn't even pay attention to where the note says it was I just opened my map and looked for a location marker, lucky me!  I'm glad I didn't bother reading for the first time!  Sorry you have to make that long walk again.

I went back and found the old hunting lodge, unfortunately there must be a bug because I cannot proceed any further. After 2 hours of trying to figure out how to proceed I turned to YouTube. I discovered that when you pick up the rifle and the flashlight you get cut scenes ... I did not get these cut scenes and the phone did not ring. I never even got the dialogue when he enters the cabin. The only reason I can imagine that this occurred is that I already found the other flashlight inside the bunker. idk, but I'm very bummed as was hoping to finish the episode today.  Aurora was active.

Reloaded the game and all the cut scenes played back to back and I lost the 10 rounds of ammo I had loaded into the rifle. Left and got in a struggle with a bear and game froze .. all I heard was one tear and could only see the bears feet. Reloaded and re-fought the bear with the same exact results. Same results with a wolf. At least I can progress now, just can't fight anything.

4 hours ago, dmbjt said:

I went back and found the old hunting lodge, unfortunately there must be a bug because I cannot proceed any further. After 2 hours of trying to figure out how to proceed I turned to YouTube. I discovered that when you pick up the rifle and the flashlight you get cut scenes ... I did not get these cut scenes and the phone did not ring. I never even got the dialogue when he enters the cabin. The only reason I can imagine that this occurred is that I already found the other flashlight inside the bunker. idk, but I'm very bummed as was hoping to finish the episode today.  Aurora was active.

Reloaded the game and all the cut scenes played back to back and I lost the 10 rounds of ammo I had loaded into the rifle. Left and got in a struggle with a bear and game froze .. all I heard was one tear and could only see the bears feet. Reloaded and re-fought the bear with the same exact results. Same results with a wolf. At least I can progress now, just can't fight anything.

Man alive, how can this many things be not working to this degree?

49 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Man alive, how can this many things be not working to this degree?

My guess is limited playtesting compared to the usually sandbox gameplay updates, in order to prevent spoilers. The aurora changes animal behaviours, and lot of these issues seem to be tied to the new behaviours. Quest triggers/scripting bugs are an issue for any game that isn't completely on rails. 

Archived