Episode 2 bug - Spoilers

David1976

Hello Hinterland, I did an objective and was told that I had to get the ear from the bear to prove that I had killed it. When I killed the bear, the option of taking the bears ear was allowing me to perform this action, this weighed nothing, but soon while going home, I died, forcing me to retry, sadly the game didn't save, and was by the bear again. When I reloaded, the bear was alive, but then suddenly on the floor. When I tried to get the ear from the bear, it wouldn't allow me to get the ear, instead harvesting the bear. Even harvesting the bear fully wouldn't allow me to get the ear, or quarantining it Frustrated because I love story mode. I hope that Hinterland responds and fixes this bug. This bug happened during ep. 2 when you have to kill the bear. I hope you respond, thank you

1 hour ago, axel2011 said:

Exatly the same thing happened to me , word to word . fix pls

Yeah, I hope they fix this bug, because its making me upset that I cannot progress, and if they don't fix it then it will be such a PAIN. doing EP 2 all again, took me long enough to get to that point xD

There seem to be a lot of scripting bugs like this, sometimes game-breaking. Basically, if you do not things exactly in the order the game thinks you should do them, it breaks. Examples I have encountered:

1. Uncured skins taken from Milton to Mystery Lake refuse to start to cure.
2. Picked up the rifle cleaning kit before you pick up the rifle in the Hunting Lodge, did not let me use it.
3. Game-breaking for me: Survival School "Clothing", I visited the lookout without having the bearskin coat with me, and it would not let me pick up the cured bearskin, even after I came back with the coat. I even did a "reload from checkpoint" and went straight to the lookout with the coat but no luck. Probably the same bug (but this guy didn't even get the coat item because he visited the lookout first): https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-2786
4. Probably a similar issue with the "Flora" quest: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-2813

This for all in the world looks like shoddy testing, sorry, I love the game to pieces but I have to say it.  And I won't start the entire game over at this point, so I'll just have to shelf it for the time being and hope they fix it.

The game placed a checkpoint as soon as I killed the bear, during hunting the bear, the camera went under the bear when the bear attacks me, there wouldn't be any noise, except clothes ripping, no bear growls, no will in pain, nothing, it would freeze, I would have to force close the game down. When I reload to the checkpoint, the bear is alive, and then suddenly drops. I think the game wants you to harvest the ear, and the first time I did this, the ear came off. Wish they can fix this bug, cant continue, and if this is like the end, then I'm going to be upset :( Please say theres more character to meet, and please don't say its a side character

3 minutes ago, axel2011 said:

nope , thats a BUG , when the item just dissapears . Its not to do about sequence 

Archived