Audio doesn't seem right

Quarbani 79

On Xbox. When I'm outside the Sound effects my character makes like chopping wood and the clunking and clanking when walking sound worse than before. I'm no audio expert but I'd does seem like It was recorded in a small room. When I'm playing it really detracts from the game as I don't feel like I'm in the outdoors. 

And to those people who will tell me there has always been clunking and clanking when walking.....I know! 

Just feel the like the audio has been re done since the alpha game and sounds worse

26 minutes ago, Quarbani 79 said:

When I'm outside the Sound effects my character makes like chopping wood and the clunking and clanking when walking sound worse than before.

Sound effects were re-worked for the Faithful Cartographer update.

I'm no audio expert but I'd does seem like It was recorded in a small room.

I am an audio expert (to some extent - I used to run a small recording studio), and yes, the reverberations in many of the supposedly outdoor sounds make it very obvious they were recorded in a small room, without any acoustic soundproofing panels in place to kill echos. Hinterland has a good audio team, and I was a little shocked at how amateur many of the new recordings sounded.

When I'm playing it really detracts from the game as I don't feel like I'm in the outdoors.

Completely agree.. you hear sounds that should only be outdoors, but they sound as if you're in a small room. Jarring.

Just feel the like the audio has been re done since the alpha game and sounds worse

Overall I think it's better.. some effects are a little too loud, others got toned down too much, but other than the reverb issue above, I think it was a net gain.

Archived