Hi I'm JoE!

JoE Smash

My name is JoE. In games I go by JoE Smash....like Hulk Smash...

I'm a 40 year old unemployed Biochemist, been gaming since Colecovision and Pitfall. Had an Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Play Station 1 onwards. First PC was an Apple II GS...it didn't even have a hard drive. Then I got a 486 SX-25mhz, it had 4 megabytes of RAM....and that was A LOT. It's amazing my computer now twenty something years later is 3 gigahertz and has 8 gigabytes of ram and a terabyte hard drive. Gotta love More's Law!

My first real computer game was King's Quest III. Of course I played every Sierra game, and text games like Zork....but King's Quest III was probably the first computer game that got me addicted to gaming in general. It's the one that stands out in my mind....that damn wizard making me sweep!

I love The Long Dark. I hope they continue to improve the content, and balance crafting better by lowering cured weights of items and crafted clothes weight. I'd like to be able to craft more things in general...especially a hat...

In my pic I'm wearing my girlfriend's headband. I think it makes me look adorable, lol!

You are correct on both counts.

I grew up in New Hampshire. Currently living with my girlfriend in Massachusetts, about 45 minutes away from my parents house.

Back in my MMO days I would often be playing with Aussies (and Kiwis) due to my chronic insomnia. It's only midnight here right now, but I historically played games until sunrise.

The first day I had this game about a week ago, I was still playing till after noon time the next day. By the time I realized I was tired, my girlfriend would have been home in a few hours. I am supposed to make her dinner, because she works and I do not, so I ended up staying awake for about 38 hours....

Archived