Make Monster Blizzard part of the game

vancopower

I would love to see a random event which will start with the survivor saying something like: "This is the big one, better find shelter and supplies fast who knows how long it will last".

Similar to the whiteout challenge the survivor will have time to prepare for the event which can last from 10 to 30 days. Also stocking up on food and water will not be enough, because there will be days with temperatures so low that you can not survive without fire even in the sturdiest shelters like trappers homestead or pleasant valley farm. During this event you can not contract cabin fever.

Stepping outside during this event is a instant kill, so you got to manage with what you got. However when the storm is finally over there will be random items scattered throughout the world here and there which ware picked up from somewhere by the storm. This will be a way to balance the loss of supplies and make exploration worthwhile even in the late game. Off course the time between the Monster blizzards should be something like 50- 100 days. Giving enough time for preparation.

Yes yes yes please. This is one of my forbidden dreams since I saw the whiteout challenge for the first time. I wouldn't like an instakill outside, but very low visibility (worse than what it is now) and a very fast condition drop. Venturing out should be possible for short bursts, to retrieve your frozen venison on the porch. ;)

Archived