Possible bear attack bug

Zeppelin

Today, I was attacked by a bear in Coastal Highway (test branch, pilgrim mode). I was standing outside a fishing cabin, when I shot a bear, and it attacked me. I was trying to run for the door opening, but I missed. While the bear walked away, I was looking for my rifle to shoot it again (smart, I know..). But the rifle was missing! I have lost items in bear attacks before, but I always find them in the snow. Also, I have heared rumors that arrows slides on the ice, but I have never seen this myself. Therefore, I searched all around the cabin, and a little further. The rifle is completely gone. Is this a bug, or is it something that comes with the new update? Did the bear run away with it? It's the only rifle I've found so far, so I'm gonna miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the exact same issue yesterday. Playing the regular released version, pilgrim mode, in Coastal Highway near a fishing hut. It was closer to the shore than the hut, though. I shot the bear 3 times, once in the head, twice in the torso, before he got to me. After the attack I got up and looked for my rifle, certain I could kill it...but... the rifle was gone. 

Archived