A hand written sketch of a map

NightlySteel

Nice icea. Mapmaking was one of the sellings points of the indie-game Miasmata (and by far the largest as I'm concerned as the rest of the game seemed pretty generic but then again I'm a spoiled child when it comes to video games). Such a map would, of course, not be accurate but necessitiy is the mother of invention and an inaccurate map may be better than no map at all.

Then again, one might argue why we're not simply taking the maps out of Camp Office :D 

Yeah, think a ingame map has not been added due to the essence of the game... Being lost, exploring and so on... A standard in game map with constand update of present wherabouts whould ruin some aspects of the game but still in real life I whould defently try to make one and make notes + I whould also try to (off course) try to estimate my position on the map... So I mean some sort of sketch/map with notes should be added to the game. Otherwice you need an actual notebook, a pen and maby a steam map to go with the game and that's unnecessary...

Archived