Can we Have a Sled and Use the Rowboat?

Mark Orlando

First, I'd like to see that the workbench allows you to build a sled. This would allow me to cart all the stuff I gathered more easily as I move through the map,

Second, I see an update to the game has the ice melted as you move deeper into the lake. That's fine, but there are rowboats on the shores. Can we gain the ability to push the rowboats onto the ice, fill them up with our supplies and as we get to the water we can shove off into the lake? We can then explore more worlds.

1 hour ago, Mark Orlando said:

First, I'd like to see that the workbench allows you to build a sled. This would allow me to cart all the stuff I gathered more easily as I move through the map,

Second, I see an update to the game has the ice melted as you move deeper into the lake. That's fine, but there are rowboats on the shores. Can we gain the ability to push the rowboats onto the ice, fill them up with our supplies and as we get to the water we can shove off into the lake? We can then explore more worlds.

Hi @Mark Orlando !!
Welcome to TLD forum !! ^_^ 

Sled has been suggested a lot ! 
and i am fully agree with you !

And Travel with horses and canoe Are in road map !! 
http://hinterlandgames.com/roadmap/ 

People don't seem to understand the need for prioritizing your load. The sled would be nice but it might be OP. It certainly is something you'd think you would craft in real life.

A more complex set of trade-offs might make a sled an interesting choice. Perhaps it breaks, gets stuck, makes noise? How could it be balanced?

i saw something mention about a sled the other day in the forums, and i have to give this idea a big +1!!!

I think it would be great to be able to move a bit more of your stuff around at once, but it could also be used for things like moving a carcass? OR moving something like a pot belly stove from a fishing hut to your hideout. At the moment i feel like I'm really beginning to surthrive and it find it an odd thing to have to constantly go outside to start a fire to cook or boil water. If i found myself in the situation described, id fashion a 'sled' out car bonnet and some climbing rope and start lugging things around to make myself more comfortable. sure. make it cost lots of energy and what not, so if you arent 'thriving' its not something you would bother with but yeah, i think it should be a must!

Archived