Why flare ?

Dirmagnos

Game currently have 4 category keys: weapon, light source, decoy and fire. White its nice to have shortcuts, there are also problems with those keys. While i hope we get customizable shortcuts at some point, those 4 categories could use an additional customizing.

Basically, since wel probably get character screen soon enough, where we can view what player wears and in what slot, id like to add 3 small icons in there(somewhere). First pictogram is for weapons. Second for light sources and third for decoys(first could have pic of bullet, second of flame and third of wolf).

Upon clicking on icon a drop-down menu appears with list of all weapons available in game and in that lost player can arrange weapon order based on his preference, what comes when(and which item is default one). Each menu could have its sub-menus, allowing for more precise customization, eg if i have 2 rifles(well, its possible), then first i want rifle with lowest/highest condition or with max/min amount of rounds in it(just use "<" or ">" and small bullet icon, or, even better, a slider, it would be universal and could easily adapted for new features in the future - click weapons icon, select rifle, select durability as modifier and pull or switch the slider all the way towards max). Currently if i have rifle and bow, first pulled out is always rifle and that can be a serious problem when player needs to react fast(and rifle is not their first choice, it may not even be loaded). All that swapping is annoying and wastes precious time.

Same idea with light sources and decoys. I dont want flare to be taken out first, i almost never use them. Yet, with new features added i have to wait for like 2 seconds, so that flare sequence is completed, be4 i can switch to next item, storm lantern, one that i actually want. Every time. In terms of decoy player get to select what type of meat he wants(maybe i want to feed wolf to a wolf) to use and condition of that meat(i know that currently it uses meat with lowest condition, but it also can be problem if i have cooked meat at 50% and uncooked at 49% - i can cook uncooked and get it to 90+%).

Alternatively, character screen could have whole separate page dedicated for such customization, starting from what weapon player pulls out first and ending with what tools player uses for what tasks.

8 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

While i hope we get customizable shortcuts at some point, those 4 categories could use an additional customizing.

I completely agree.  Customizable shortcuts would be ideal, but the system you have described would be fantastic!

9 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

I dont want flare to be taken out first, i almost never use them.

Exactly!

Archived