Wolf/bear spawns

Tsayers1068

Maybe it's just me, but it seems there are places where there are almost always wolves hanging around.  One example would be the gas station in CH.  Would wolves really do that?  Somehow I kind of doubt it, why would they?  They have hunting to do, that requires they range over their entire territory.  Do they somehow know that's one place the player is likely to go and so they wait there to eat him?  Unlikely.  Without knowing exactly how the spawns work now, I would say the wolves need a lot more potential spawn points (without actually adding any more wolves to the map as a whole), and they should have an equal chance of spawning at any of them.  This would get rid of the annoyance of having them almost always waiting for you at the same places, and would also have the bonus of adding unpredictability--you would never know where you might run into one.

Bears--the same thing.  If you wanted to have a greater chance for it to spawn where it's den is, fine.  But you should really potentially be able to run into a bear anywhere.  

Well I do see them in other locations to some extent, and that seems pretty random as it should be. There's just some locations where you can pretty much count on there being multiple wolves most of the time, and other places where you can pretty much count on there being none.  It doesn't seem to change much from game to game.  But I would count some unpredictability in this area to be a huge bonus game play wise.

Archived