Tool ideas

BallisticCraft

I'd love to see some possible added tools in the future. I personally get out and do bushcraft and survival type activities on a regular basis. I use tools such as folding saws for wood processing, which burn less calories than an axe. I also carry larger axes, such as a gransfors bruk American felling axe, or council tools boys axe, which are packable, and work harder then a hatchet. Longer, heavier, knives that are decent at chopping and batoning (the process of splitting wood in which you place a knife of longer length than the diamiter of a log and hit the tip driving the knife through the log like a wedge splitting the wood) I find quite useful in circumstances. Anyway, im sure more items will be added as time goes on, but that's just a suggestion from me. Take care, kind regards, -Patrick 

Welcome to the forums!

Funny that your first name is my second name :D 

As for your post, apparently axes are on the roadmap, but I do like your take on them. Also your ideas of 'combining' tools for lack of a better word (I'm not a native English speaker).

Any other tools you'd like to see? Personally, I'd like to see more tools for fishing. Maybe bait (made from either meat or canned goods, both have worked well for me IRL), weights, nets, rods etc.

A complex tool set that allows felling and processing a tree would be really cool, and much better than the usual craft/survival trope of "punch tree, get wood." You'd have to first find all the correct tools, then burn a lot of time and calories bringing down the tree, and then a lot more to to turn it into logs, and finally split logs for firewood (maybe even have to let them season if you want to go hardcore on the realism). It could be a multi-day project done a few hours at a time, or a marathon session fueled by coffee and desperation.

Of course, I have no idea how complicated it would be to actually put this in the sandbox, or the impact on game play balance. Still, the idea of a tool set that allows for more complex actions is appealing.

Archived