My thanks

Hiemalis

Fellow pilgrims, voyagers, stalkers.

I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone involved in this game.

First of all, thanks, everyone at Hinterland Games, for working on a fantastic game. I know the sandbox mode isn't the whole game (and actually wasn't even originally planned for the final release), but the ideas, concepts and overall feeling already are phenomenal.

I can't stress how much I appreciate every detail: the art direction/production (not only the visuals but the sound design as well), the game design itself, and even the programming -- someone mentioned how rare is a alpha stage game with so few bugs, and with a few hundred hours of gameplay I can attest to that --, everything is masterfully, mindfully done. I can feel the attention, consideration and deliberation you dedicate to The Long Dark.

Many thanks to all the moderators and people somehow involved in community engagement. I reckon it's no easy task to put up with us, with so many of us. So thanks for being patient and always willing to refocus derailed threads, reorient misguided users and pass notes to the devs. My main channel is these forums -- I sometimes read the subreddit and even less the Steam forum --, so I don't know if there are other moderators; if so, please pass my thanks to them.

And, of course, thanks to every one of these forums' users and the original crowdfunders. I only started playing TLD a couple of months ago -- if it weren't for you and your feedback and your support, I most certainly wouldn't have had the amazing experience I've been through these last weeks. I've read more than a few very creative and perceptive ideas, as much as some constructive criticism. (And let us hope the devs take them into consideration against their schedule!)

I'm sure we will not be let down by story mode nor by the final release as a whole. I've been here for a short time, but it's already being an incredible journey -- and I know it's going to get even better.

Archived