Dreams?

Cosquake

Okay so I'm rewriting this because for some reason It didn't work the first time

So I had this idea At work today and I though I'd share It. Its a bit strange though. So what about a dream like mini-game that commences when the player goes to sleep? Something that allows the player to actively engage with the environment , like a lucid dream, where they can walk around and have different experiences. Maybe you would sleep and dream about hunting a deer with your bow or rifle, the dream state could be some form of practice without the need to waste arrows or ammo. Perhaps the dreams could be some form of Quest reward system where you have a reoccurring dream about walking into a cave and getting eaten by a bear, until you go out and kill a bear. 

Dreams are mid-state between consciousness and subconsciousness and "training" in it is pointless, its like "training" in videogames, fairly useless from practical standpoint. Not to mention that most of the time dreamer has limited control over what is going on in them.

I like it. 

I don't think having them be useful in any way would make sense, instead bad dreams might actually leave you not fully rested the next day.

Maybe have them linked to things like place and diet, i.e. eating gamey venison and sleeping in the same room as a frozen corpse are bound to give you a restless night. I could see dreams such as audio only of your plane crash, being in a building that is just packed with frozen corpses, or a bear that is 5x its actual size.

Archived