LiquidVR or Nvidia's equivalent support coming?

Drazon

Heya

Since the launch of new GPU's and upcoming high-end cards from AMD - which, atleast for me, mean that it's time to start to save up some euro's for a new card and then go VR -  I was wondering will the Long Dark come to support either one of those features that will allow VR glasses to take advantage of two GPU's, as to use one GPU per eye?

And, if not, can you give any speculations of whatkind of GPU would be required to play in VR with good enough fps? (ie. pleasantly) Would it be RX480, GTX 1070, or up? (any idea will the AMD's next GPU's new memory-thing (hbm2 or something) affect superbly much in this VR-aspect?)

27 minutes ago, Drazon said:

Heya

Since the launch of new GPU's and upcoming high-end cards from AMD - which, atleast for me, mean that it's time to start to save up some euro's for a new card and then go VR -  I was wondering will the Long Dark come to support either one of those features that will allow VR glasses to take advantage of two GPU's, as to use one GPU per eye?

And, if not, can you give any speculations of whatkind of GPU would be required to play in VR with good enough fps? (ie. pleasantly) Would it be RX480, GTX 1070, or up? (any idea will the AMD's next GPU's new memory-thing (hbm2 or something) affect superbly much in this VR-aspect?)

Hi Drazon, thanks for your questions. While we plan to support VR in the future, we don't yet have technical requirements/specifications to share. Because of that it would be just speculation at this point. As I'm sure you know, VR tech is itself changing at a fairly rapid pace. But rest assured, when we do tackle VR, we'll do it in a way that's true to the experience of the game. I'm sure that will include a look a what technology best supports that goal. 

Archived