Traps triggering. Reset issue?

_Trivia_

Hi, I'm on a 120th gameplay-days match(100hrs+ of gameplay on Steam, playing on PC, Windows 10 x64) and I've noticed a possible bug with the traps.

I'm currently well estabilished in the Trapper's Homestead in Mistery Lake, and this report is about the two rabbit spawn points that I'm gathering. They are the one which is just next to the house and the one which is near the falled tree, at the center of the clearing next to the Max's Last Stand.

The problem is that the traps seems to be "resettable" when they're picked up in the inventory and replaced on the ground. Infact I've noticed that this action, if a trap catch a rabbit, seems to trigger something wrong, because I've to simply pick it up and place it a few meter away and wait 'tll the next morning to have an another almost-guaranteed catch.

The possible bug, which I'm monitoring with attention since 2-3 days, seems to don't affect the spawn and the number of the rabbits, which remains in the area, jumping and wandering in peace.

Can you verify the mechanics involved in this part of the game?

Thank you. 

I believe it is working as intended. You pick up the sprung snare (trap), and then place it from your inventory and it's reset, ready to go. 

Keeping it in the same general area as a previous catch (i.e. placing it a short distance away as you have been doing) is almost guaranteed to get you another rabbit the next morning.

Archived