Hi from Poland/Germany

SzalonyNiemiec

Hi,

I'm a Polish/German survival-enthusiast, gamer and amateur game developer. I'm studying IT and I spend more than half of my free time in front of my computer, playing a lot video games from all genres. when I'm not gaming I develop, my own games together with a friend. And when I'm not in front of my computer, I'm outdoors, hiking, wandering and climbing. I love being outdoors so much, that even when I'm going out partying with my friends, instead of going to a club, we go make a campfire. My experience with survival: Making fire with fire steel, reading a lot of survival guides, and a two weeks hiking trip in a tent through north Sweden.

I almost forgot to mention: "the Long Dark" is my favorite game at the moment and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming updates, especially the story mode. Also I have a lot of Ideas for the game, already made a post about that

thanks for reading

Yours SzalonyNiemiec

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2016 at 6:37 PM, SzalonyNiemiec said:

Hi,

I'm a Polish/German survival-enthusiast, gamer and amateur game developer. I'm studying IT and I spend more than half of my free time in front of my computer, playing a lot video games from all genres. when I'm not gaming I develop, my own games together with a friend. And when I'm not in front of my computer, I'm outdoors, hiking, wandering and climbing. I love being outdoors so much, that even when I'm going out partying with my friends, instead of going to a club, we go make a campfire. My experience with survival: Making fire with fire steel, reading a lot of survival guides, and a two weeks hiking trip in a tent through north Sweden.

I almost forgot to mention: "the Long Dark" is my favorite game at the moment and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming updates, especially the story mode. Also I have a lot of Ideas for the game, already made a post about that

thanks for reading

Yours SzalonyNiemiec

Welcome! Great that you've joined us here. What was it like in Northern Sweden? What time of year did you go?

On 6/27/2016 at 6:07 AM, SzalonyNiemiec said:

Hi,

thanks for reading

Yours SzalonyNiemiec

Welcome to TLD forum ^_^:coffee:

@Patrick Carlson I't was awesome in Sweden, I went there in late summer, so it was not that cold during day time, but at night it got below 0°c and started to snow/hail. the nature was beautiful, really colorful, and there were lot's of different biomes: Snowy mountains, green meadows, grey swamps, blue lakes(really intense blue), stone deserts, where nothing grew, dry plains covered with colorful flowers/plants and beautiful birch forests. I went over the "Kungsleden"(kings-path) which is a quite known hiking path, and during the first days, we saw lot's of other people, but the further we got away from civilization, the fewer people we met, on some day's we could go on for hours without seeing anyone, but when we met people, they were always really nice, and we could sit down in the evening around a campfire, tell stories and share snacks. It was overall a great experience, so we went there again the next year, but it wasn't that fun anymore, because there was no longer a sense of exploration involved, and the weather was a lot darker and wetter, I got sick on the third day, and we had to go home. The shortest path back to civilization was away from the main path over a mountain pass to the nearest tourist station, and that was 35km away. And you can probably imagine how demanding it was to go 35km through mountainous terrain, with the weather changing from scorching sun to freezing winds, carrying a 25kg backpack, while having a cold. after we passed the mountains we went through a swamp, with the path barely visible, having to turn around multiple times. When we finally arrived at the tourist station it was already dark and we were so happy to finally have a place to rest.

Archived