V.347 - Crash / Blackscreen because Memory Access Violation

TheBugfixer

*** Sorry if i use in Parts the German Language, but i´m shure that my English make more Problems than my German. ***

*** So, it was very kindful if someone of the Mod´s can translate this Parts. Thanks. ***

Titel: Unity crashes beause Memory-Access Violation

Summary:

Die meiste Zeit stürzt das Spiel komplett ab, oft hat man aber "nur" einen Blackscreen, man kann sich bewegen und sogar schießen, aber der Bildschirm bleibt schwarz. Auslöser ist ein Fehler durch Speichermangel, obwohl zu diesem Zeitpunkt genügend Speicher verfügbar wäre.

Version: V.345T , aber auch ältere Versionen, ich erinnere mich schon vor mehr als 1 Jahr ähnliches bemerkt zu haben, konnte es aber damals nicht richtig zuordnen.

Platform: Windows(8), 64-Bit , 16GB Memory

Tested in Mystery Lake, but should happen everywhere

Reproduction Rate: always

Description:

Ich machte eine Menge Campfires um den Weg zwischen CampOffice und der Fischerhütte auf dem See zu markieren, damit ich ihn auch im Nebel finde. In der Folge häuften sich die Abstürze sowohl beim betreten, als auch beim verlassen von Gebäuden. Zum Schluss crashte das Spiel auch beim öffnen von Containern.

Attachments:

9 Full Crash-Logs

6 Screenshots to explain

Zipped in 1 File.

Gamecrash-Logs.zip

EDIT : Viele Abstürze wurden nicht geloggt, damit meine ich, trotz Absturz wurde kein Logfile erstellt. Zusätzlich fiel mir auf, daß in den Logs immer auf den falschen Video-Adapter verwiesen wird. In allen Logs wird der HD4000-Adapter genannt, aber das ist nur der Onboard-Controller. Eigendlich läuft das Spiel unter einer Geforce-GT650M. Warum in jedem Log der Intel-Adapter aufgeführt ist, ist mir rätselhaft.

EDIT II : Warum bin ich mir sicher daß es an den Feuerstellen liegt ?

1. Nachdem ich das Gebiet verlassen habe und nach Küstenstraße ging, hatte ich keinen einzigen Absturz mehr.

2. Als ich einen alten Spielstand von MysteryLake probierte, hatte ich auch unter 345T die gewohnten Abstürze.

EDIT III - 24.6.16

Auf Nachfrage von @Scyzara ob der Bug noch besteht, habe ich den selben alten Spielstand geladen und hatte diesmal eine der Absturzmeldungen die kein Log erzeugen. Ich musste TLD per Task-Manager beenden.

7 Crash - Too many Heap Sections.zip

On 23.6.2016 at 9:32 PM, TheBugfixer said:

Summary:

Most of the time the game crashes completely. Often you only have a blackscreen and can still move and even shoot, but the screen remains black. It's caused by a mistake due to lack of memory, although enough memory should be available at that time.

Version: V.345T , but also older versions. I remember I've noticed something similar over a year ago, but couldn't assign it correctly back then.

Platform: Windows(8), 64-Bit , 16GB Memory

Location: Tested in Mystery Lake, but should happen everywhere

Reproduction Rate: always

Description:

I've built a whole lot of campfires to mark the trail between the Camp Office and the ice fishing hut on Mystery Lake in order to find my way in a fog. As a consequence, the crashes both upon entry and exit of buildings increased. In the end, the game also often crashed when I opened containers.

Attachments:

9 Full Crash-Logs

6 Screenshots to explain

Zipped in 1 File.

EDIT : Many crashes haven't been logged, with that I mean despite the crash no log was generated. Additionally, I noticed that the logs always refer to the wrong video adapter. All logs mention the HD4000 adapter, but that's only the onboard controller. Actually, the game is running with a Geforce-GT650M. I have no clue why each log mentions the Intel adapter. 

EDIT II : Why I'm sure, that it's because of the fireplaces?

1. Since I've left the area and moved on to the Coastal Highway, I haven't had a single crash so far.

2. When I tried an old Save from Mystery Lake, the usual crashes occured in V.345T. 

Translator's note: Not sure about the translation of the technical stuff, hope it makes sense in English this way. 

Edit III : The bug still exists in the current live version v.348 and caused a crash that didn't generate a crash log. The game had to be closed with the task manager.

→ I've moved the thread to the bug forums as the problem still exists.

I ?sometimes?(selten) have Crashes with other Games or Applications, and ... i only have this permanent crashes when i´m in Mystery Lake with my Fireplaces. All permanent Crashes ended with leaving the Mystery Lake and going to Coastal Highway. Since there i never had a Crash again. So i can not believe that bad Memory is involved ... but i can not deny the possibility. I will run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool tonight and edit the Post tomorrow again.

Archived