Decay Fix

I'm not sure you did the decay fix well. Now almost everything decay even without use, such as pelts, bedrolls, and apparently even distress pistol shells. It also seems like food still decays way too fast. I'm also not a fan of outdoor storage. For one, most stuff spawns inside, and with everything decaying as soon as the game starts, a lot of that will be ruined by the time you get there if you aren't fast. Most containers are inside, so I can't really store my stuff in containers without it degrading super fast. Most of the time, the only outdoor containers are corpses, which you really shouldn't be allowed to use. I'm okay with storing meat outside, but I'm pretty sure most canned goods would last longer inside.

I always found it odd that the canned food has been surviving that long but then when I, the player, arrive at the scene, it all starts to decay super fast. I am really eager to read the explanation about that via ingame reasoning. The magnetic storm seams a bit off to use as a justification for that....

But I just find it a bit stupid that canned food actually gets bad. It is THE definition of a preppers food supply :) 

Archived