Body temp now totally stuck

I had mentioned this problem in another thread where I was having issues with my body temp getting stuck, and the only way to fix it was to exit out of the game and restart the game, then it would work fine for a while then get stuck again.

Well, now it is totally stuck and will not go down at all, no matter what I do.  I am in a game where I've survived for over 20 days now and I don't want to lose what I have accumulated over a bug like this but it may be my only option now that I no longer have any risk of being outside for any length of time.  I feel like I'm cheating and it's not worth continuing if there is no challenge.  Any chance on figuring this out and fixing this issue?  Anyone else experience this?

Sorry for the (possibly stupid) question, but did you craft any fur clothes?

Your body temperature only decreases if the "feels like"-temperature is below 0°C. With enough fur clothes (or even high-quality premade clothes), it's possible that this just won't happen any longer except during nocturnal blizzards. That's no bug, but completely intentional.

Which clothing temperature bonus you need to stay above 0°C all the time depends on the mode you play and on the map you're living on.:big_smile:

Yes, I had crafted some deerskin and wolfskin clothing, but the temp has been doing this since before I crafted them, and I have spent the better part of each day outside, in blizzard conditions, high winds and snow, while chopping wood, and harvesting deer, and not  a single drop in body temp.  I am on the second difficulty, voyager I believe, and I am mostly in coastal highway.  I harvested a bear, on the ice, in the middle of a snow storm, and still not a bit of loss in body temp.

Not a stupid question, as I have been having this issue now in 2 different new games and even with just starting with the clothes I was given the temp would glitch out on me.

Could I get you to email in your saves? You can send them to support@hinterlandgames.com 

If you need help finding them please let me know what OS you're on and I can point you in the right direction. 

58 minutes ago, Support said:

Could I get you to email in your saves? You can send them to support@hinterlandgames.com 

If you need help finding them please let me know what OS you're on and I can point you in the right direction. 

the last time I tried to send my files to that address, it kept getting bounced back as "delivery failed", so I will attach the files here...

TheLongDark.rar

On 5/8/2016 at 4:08 AM, Scyzara said:

Sorry for the (possibly stupid) question, but did you craft any fur clothes?

Your body temperature only decreases if the "feels like"-temperature is below 0°C. With enough fur clothes (or even high-quality premade clothes), it's possible that this just won't happen any longer except during nocturnal blizzards. That's no bug, but completely intentional.

Which clothing temperature bonus you need to stay above 0°C all the time depends on the mode you play and on the map you're living on.:big_smile:

You may be right after all.  I never really took notice to the outside temp when this was happening, and I don't know if this is a new mechanic in the game or not, but it does seem that the body temp does stay steady when the outside temp is above 0C, but I swear it was doing this even with strong winds and snow, while harvesting and chopping wood, so I don't know.  I'm going to keep track of this more often and see what happens, but even with the clothes I start with I seem to not lose body temp as much as I used to.

Archived