A Few Suggestions

CheetoGo

Map Drawing: I feel like this would be a good feature, something like a Minecraft map, you draw in paths as you go, but you need to find paper, and a pen/pencil

An Idea For A Challenge: My challenge idea is that you have to collect little parts all over the map to build some kind of radio? I don't know.

Medical Illness Guide: My idea here, is that to know what ailment you have, you need to have a 'Medical Illness Guide' in your inventory. And there should be 2 or 3 different medicines, and taking the wrong one will harm you.

Blankets: Blankets will be portable tools you can use to shelter yourself during a blizzard, but will deteriorate after use. It provides no warmth increase but a windchill bonus. It can also be BURNED for fire.

Animal Paralyzations: If you shoot an animals leg, it shouldn't be able to chase you (excluding 'The Hunted''s bear and Fluffy), but leg shots are HARD.

Rabbit's Foot: Just a small thing you get from a rabbit and hunting knife that gives you 5% or 10% bonus when attacked by a wolf. You 'luckily' weren't hit TOO TOO hard.

NPC Personalities (When NPCs are added): Different NPCs should behave in certain ways. Jimmy might be a murderous monster, and Lisa might be tossing any weapon she finds into the water. And each kind of personality is RANDOM.

NPC Camps (Again, when they are added): NPCs will have campfires, or small camps inside buildings, if you find one, you can steal their stuff and run, pr just ignore it. NPCs should attack you if they see you stealing though.

Those are my suggestions, hope they're added, and I'll see you guys later!

Did that granola bar have mold.....

1. I would personally love the ability to create a map. Although I'm sure several players have it in their head by now, with a pencil and some paper from the Ranger's Station we should be able to sketch out a rough map fairly easily. It won't be perfect, and we won't know a building is on the other side of the dense forest until we're over there, but it would be a nice way to add realism, but also a navigational element. 

2. I don't know if radios can technically work in TLD universe since the disaster- but it's up to the creative liberty of Hinterlands to decide, and since radios are currently able to be interacted with, but do nothing, I'm going to assume that they will be usable at some point... so yes? Also is anyone hoping we'll be able to make our own challenges and upload them at some point? 

3. The problem with illnesses is that someone has to be infected with the disease in order to become ill with it. So with no NPC's currently, we can't physically get sick unless the disease is present, which is unlikely considering most houses are below freezing. I mean it is possible for bacteria and germs to survive freezing and simply hibernate, but I feel like, since many of these houses seem to have been abandoned for a time- it's unlikely you'll encounter such things. Although if you did, I would hope and assume that the original homeowner would have the medicine needed in their cupboards. This could be an interesting interaction in the distant future however, once NPC's are implemented. I'm hoping we'll already be using our judgement to decide if Timmy is friendly or not, but is he visibly ill too?

4. Yes. I'm surprised we can't already use blankets. You would reasonably expect to find emergency blankets inside of at least one car in that harsh area, not to mention simply dragging Grandma's hand crocheted afghan from some poor sap's home. It would mean that when we have to make our emergency fire outdoors huddled beneath the shelter of a rock outcrop to wait out a blizzard, we wouldn't be freezing the whole time. I would say that while a tattered bed blanket wouldn't give a warmth bonus, a much rarer emergency blanket would.

5. Yes please. I don't think you would actively aim for a wolf's leg, but for the Hunted it might give you a brief reprieve from angry Mr. Snuggles, as well as not scoring an instant kill on Fluffy when you didn't even hit a vital point... but still being realistic. 

6. Would be a nice addition, but it should be a rare drop/salvage on a rabbit, unless the actual chance was very low (like a 1% or 2% chance that you took reduced damage in your next combat). 

7. Also yes. I don't expect every single NPC to be aggressive to me, but I also know that Farmer John may not be happy about me getting close to his things. I would hope most people would be decent enough not to shoot on sight, but I also don't think we can fetch-quest ourselves into people's good books. 

Archived