Xbox Gamepad item placement

Captain Crispy

Hello, everyone! 

I have recently noticed some screenshots on which items have been placed on shelves or tables by the player himself. On PC, you have to drop an item and right click it in order to become able to place it somewhere else, as far as I know. But how does it work with an Xbox One Gamepad (still on PC though) ? 

I'd be happy to receive a reply. :) 

Have a nice day! ^^

On 4/8/2016 at 0:21 AM, Captain Crispy said:

Hello, everyone! 

I have recently noticed some screenshots on which items have been placed on shelves or tables by the player himself. On PC, you have to drop an item and right click it in order to become able to place it somewhere else, as far as I know. But how does it work with an Xbox One Gamepad (still on PC though) ? 

I'd be happy to receive a reply. :) 

Have a nice day! ^^

Hello and welcome to the forums! To answer your question, when using the Xbox One gamepad (on console or on the PC) you can place items using the LT and RT buttons. Select the item with LT and then place it where you want with RT. And just like on PC, the item has to first be "in the world" so to speak. So items from your inventory must first be dropped before being placed. :big_smile:

Archived