Wood axe

miketheknightigh

There seem to be more limbs after a wind storm. I don't know the spawning algorithm but check the wiki to see what they say. The wiki is community driven and I don't know if it gets checked or reviewed. An axe is one solution that should improve however, in real life, a buck saw or bow saw is faster and uses fewer calories. Currently the only item that can harvest limbs is the hatchet. There is a poll so if you search wishlist for poll and saw, you should find a lengthy discussion and the poll to add your preference and vote.

I enjoy making the polls and want to do more on the flint knapping mechanic idea.

There is already too many trees in the game, you don't have to go to another area to collect more trees you can just manage your fire time. Use fire only when necessary for making water and cooking some meat then use your health to gather more wood and do not make fire unless you run out of supplies. This is the meat of the game so far, why spoil this by making wood easier to get. Also if you travel you eventually will encounter a mine and hurrah your fire needs are fulfilled you can go back in the same area. However if someday carpentry is introduced then the need for wood will rise. Then it would be useful to have more sources for wood like felling trees and such finding bigger axes etc.

Archived