Am I lucky or what, I've hit the mother load guys..hehe

LOL

Nice find!

20 hours ago, starfighter441 said:

An RPG should punch Mr Bruin's ticket rather nicely.  A 5.56 round is just going to annoy him.  Hand Grenades should come in handy for fishing though.

I agree on the RPG. Although I doubt you'll be using the skin for your sleeping bag :)

A 5.56 can definitely kill a bear. In the old days, everyone pretty much agreed that bigger is better for defending against a bear attack. Opinions have started to differ on that though. Many people now think it is better to have many smaller bullets that can be fired in rapid succession than a few large bullets that take more time to fire. Carrying a semi auto 9mm pistol vs a .357 revolver or heavier. 15 or more bullets that can be fired quickly vs 5-6 bullets that take longer to fire (not only is a pistol quicker but a lighter bullet has less recoil so you can get it back on target faster). So a semi auto 5.56 with 30 rounds might not be such a bad idea.

I'm not so sure throwing a grenade down a hole in the ice you're standing on is a really smart move... Even if it doesn't blow the fishing hut with you in it away, the fish that would be killed will likely not end up exactly in that small hole but trapped under the ice. Unless you found some open water of course.

Haha ,well I actually hadn't thought of how they could be used in the game. I like the idea of using the grenades for fishing thou.... Rocket launcher ?? Would leave a right mess and my trusted M16 for the big bad wolves . 

Although the rifle looks to be an AR platform, that doesn't necessarily mean it's chambered for 5.56. It could also be a 7.62, 338 Lapua or even .50 beowulf. That would mean less rounds but better stopping power, making it a better option for bears as well.

11 hours ago, elloco999 said:

Although the rifle looks to be an AR platform, that doesn't necessarily mean it's chambered for 5.56. It could also be a 7.62, 338 Lapua or even .50 beowulf. That would mean less rounds but better stopping power, making it a better option for bears as well.

I've always thought that anything in .50 calibre should be mounted on wheels...or at least a tripod.

13 hours ago, starfighter441 said:

I've always thought that anything in .50 calibre should be mounted on wheels...or at least a tripod.

For .50 BMG you are mostly right. Other than the Barret M2 .50 sniper rifle, practically all .50 BMG weapons are mounted weapons.

But this is the .50 Beowulf. The length is about the same as a 5.56 round, but it's diameter is not:

320px-Beowulf_Cartridges.JPG

It's designed to fit in a AR-15 platform (with a lot of changes like of course the barrel). It has limited use but if you need a lot of stopping power in the short-medium range in a AR platform, this is definitely a round to consider.

Here's a clip from Future Weapons (where I first learned of this round):

Archived