The Long Dark on GOG.com?

KILLACONNI

Hello,

I just found out about your game, watched some Let's Plays and would like to ask the following:

1. When I buy The Long Dark via the Humble widget on your website will I get access to the Sandbox Alpha via HumbleBundle without using Steam, or only when it's out of Alpha/Early Access?

2. Will TLD be published on GOG when it's done? I'm a bit hopeful since you seem to distribute your game DRM-free on Steam.

Thank you! ;)

Hey!

When you buy TLD via Humble, you're given a key that is then redeemed through Steam. You will get access to the Sandbox Alpha this way, as well as the full story mode once it's released.

I'm not sure about our intentions as far as GOG is concerned, but I'll make sure to ask, and we'll share any future plans with the community once we know what they are!

Thanks for stopping by, welcome to our community!

Hey, thanks for the swift reply!

So if I understand correctly it's not possible to get into the Alpha without using Steam, as stated on the Humble Widget here.

Pre-Order Sandbox Mode (Win/Mac) on Steam Early Access + Season One Episodes (Steam or DRM-free download) at launch (Win/Mac/Linux)!

But once it's out of Alpha it should become available DRM-free.

I hope the team is in favor of a release on GOG, I'll keep my fingers crossed (alongside some other guys). :)

Have a good one!

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure about our intentions as far as GOG is concerned, but I'll make sure to ask, and we'll share any future plans with the community once we know what they are!

Hello, just checking in again to hear if you could gather any new info since June for your fans over at GOG. Is a DRM-free release on GOG.com planned? Or has it been discussed?

TLD has 125 votes at the moment on the community wishlist.

Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

• 1 month later...

It's great to see the game go fully DRM-free! I love GOG.

Will the people who helped crowdfunding this project get an option to chose between the Steam release and the GOG release when the game reaches v1.0? One of the pledges was access to the DRM-free version but the Alpha access was only distributed through Steam because it made the updating more 'suitable' for the test phase (which is very useful to prevent getting bug reports from outdated versions).

I'm asking this because the only reason I have Steam is The Long Dark (alpha/beta), but I dislike Steam (I dislike anything which is directly related to DRM). Thank you in advance.

Yes it's great! :D

But is it possible for backers to switch from the Steam version to the DRM-free version on GOG when the 1.0 version of the game is released?

You can find the answer to that question in our most recent Kickstarter announcement. You'll want to make sure you're logged into your account, as this announcement is "backers only":

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hi ... ts/1480432

Thank you for your reaction Bethany!

There's one little question I have left....

I can't see the announcement because I backed this project through the Hinterland site, it was done with paypal if I remember correctly.

So that means it is linked to my Humble Bundle account (I still have a screenshot of my pledge if required).

Thank you for your reaction Bethany!

There's one little question I have left....

I can't see the announcement because I backed this project through the Hinterland site, it was done with paypal if I remember correctly.

So that means it is linked to my Humble Bundle account (I still have a screenshot of my pledge if required).

Send an email with your request to info@hinterlandgames.com, and we'll give you some more information there. Thanks!

Archived