Can't start the game

ConvictedWaffles

Everytime I try to start the game I get as far as the "press any button to continue" page. Then when I press a button it says loading at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds then kicks me back to xbox home. I've tried hard resetting my xbox and even uninstalling then reinstalling the game but nothing works. Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Guest Support

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem. We are currently looking into this issue, but I'm hoping I can get in direct contact with you via support@hinterlandgames.com

The first couple questions I'd like to ask are:

What kind version of Xbox One do you have (1tb, Elite, Day One, ETC...?)

When you say reset your Xbox, do you mean power cycle? And if so, did the green Xbox boot screen appear?

Do you use Instant-On

Can you try playing with a different profile? This is to help narrow down where issue might be occurring.

Again, sorry that you're having this problem, but please email over above info and we can start digging into this.

I am having similar issue as well.

I can play the saved game before the update, but I am unable to start a new sandbox game.

It get to the part that states "press any key to start" and does nothing.

I have to end up leaving the game and choosing quit game from xbox menu.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with same results.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks

I've got exactly the same problem; stuck on the 'Press Any Button to Continue' screen when trying to start a new sandbox game and can't get beyond that point.

Had played the trial previously (some months back) and game loaded without any issues, for what it's worth.

Guest Support

We're still looking into this issue on our end. However, we have had a report that this was caused by a Guitar Hero guitar. Could you try removing any non-needed peripherals?

Hoorah, success! I can confirm I did indeed have the Guitar Hero guitar dongle plugged in previoulsy (just sits in the XB1 due to my laziness) and on unplugging I'm now able to launch a new sandbox game with no issue at the loading screen. :)

Thanks for such a swift response!

Experiencing the same issues as stated by the other users. I have reset the game, restarted/ power cycled my xbox one (Day One). During the press any button screen it seems to freeze. I was able to play during my trial time when the game was first introduced into Game Preview, but now that I have bought the game for $20 I can't start a new sandbox game. Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Archived