Have breath float with the wind

GrimerX

When dealing with wolves - unless I'm wrong about this - understanding whether you're upwind or downwind is important. And sometimes it's not clear where the wind is blowing (not strong/light not good). At least on my setup.

Was thinking how to deal with this and I didn't like the idea of a "wind indicator" on the HUD. I like the minimalistic HUD. This last session the obvious occurred to me - use the existing breath. It would be both more immersive but also help with this in a realistic way.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for the feedback, Ian. The wind indicator is a big help when trying to start a fire, or when trying to shelter yourself from wind in general, but I understand your point.

Not sure how easy utilizing the existing breath would be, but I'll certainly pass along your suggestion. Thanks!

I would love to see the breath effect become affected by physics. Especially with the new snowstorm effects, I find it really incongruous when your breath just hangs in the air in front of you, whether you are standing or moving.

I like the new sheltered / not sheltered indicator, but I think more visual aspects that indicate wind direction might reduce the calls for a wind direction HUD element. Perhaps even with some audio cues for wind chill effects and moving out of the wind, you might be able to eliminate that element altogether. But I can understand it serves an important role for new players to understand the mechanic.

When dealing with wolves - unless I'm wrong about this - understanding whether you're upwind or downwind is important. And sometimes it's not clear where the wind is blowing (not strong/light not good). At least on my setup.

Was thinking how to deal with this and I didn't like the idea of a "wind indicator" on the HUD. I like the minimalistic HUD. This last session the obvious occurred to me - use the existing breath. It would be both more immersive but also help with this in a realistic way.

Cheers,

Ian

Great suggestion!

Archived