Xbox .281 Character is stood in an empty void

AndyT

Hi guys and gals,

I've run into this twice now, once today (on .281) and once a couple of builds/weeks ago.

Basically I was returning to Office in ML and once it had finished loading the Office map, I was presented with an empty world.

There is a single light source which is the sun (and it's clarity seems to vary based on the outside weather, it was dim but as the weather improved it became clearer) but the rest of the map around me is completely void of anything. I can spin around (away from the sun and back to it) but I don't seem able to walk or strafe in any direction. I can open the UI and in all other ways the game is fine (time is progressing etc.) I just have no universe around me, other than the star, 93 million miles in the distance. :D

Here's a screenshot but it won't be much use to you.

Screenshot-Original_zpslrih4ho0.png

I can't think of anything unusual that happened around that time. I had just looted some harvested wood from the limb opposite and then zoned straight to the Office. Maybe it hadn't finished some action on my character following the loot.

I expect this is like a 1% of the time thing, the other time it happened was Office as well, but I'm not sure if it could happen with any map load (perhaps it's limited to indoor ones though).

Sorry, very vague, I know guys. I work in development and know the first step to fixing a bug is to recreate it. I'll just quit out and revert to my last save.

At your service,

Andy.T

Archived