A few bits of feedback...

AndyT

Really, really loving the game so far, I've had a steep learning curving curve on my first couple of run throughs but am up to around 160 days now on Voyageur. :D

Wasn't really sure if this belonged on the wishlist or feedback board but anyway, a couple of random thoughts (I expect some may have been raised before)...

a) I don't think it's currently possible to raise a skill on failure? I think it would make sense though e.g. in the early game when one tries to light a fire and it fails to catch it should be at least possible (maybe rarer) to learn something from the failure and get a skill improve (would make you feel better about the lost resources! ;) ).

b) Like firestarting and repair (I think) could we have a Fishing skill, that raises with experience and perhaps slightly increases the chance (how often) and degree of success (what kind of fish) one catches. It could also be used to slightly reduce the likelihood of losing one's tackle . I'm kind of an RPG guy and so the sense that my character is progressing and learning is really appealing. Anything that can have a skill, probably gives one a sense of investment in your character.

c) It would be nice to see one's skill levels somewhere in the UI, so you can see how good you are at various skills. I get a sense from the UI that you guys don't want a bunch of numbers as it doesn't feel very "real world" (I'm thinking of the bars for hunger etc.) and that totally makes sense. But perhaps bars like those with broad categories and text labels (e.g. Novice, Competent, Skilled and Expert or something) would be vague enough but give you an indication of how you were doing.

d) I think from memory the time taken to cook an item of food is fixed, based on it's type. i.e. 1kg of venison takes 20 mins to cook but so does 0.1kg. Could the progress bar on these not move quicker based on the weight (like I think, eating does).

Anyways, just my tuppence worth! All meant very constructively and if you ignored all of them it would still be an amazing game. :D

Thanks again.

Andy.T

Archived