#2938 - v.282 Limbs Cloning Then Can't Be Harvested

random calliope

In Mystery Lake when a limb (either cedar or fir) is harvested for logs, then the player goes indoors and sleeps, the limbs of the same shape and in the same location respawn but cannot be selected for harvest again.

I experienced this on the large log outside the front door of the lake club house, then on every log on and over the hills around trapper's homestead. It appears to be affecting every limb, not just one or two of them.

I have not checked to see if they can eventually (more than a few days) be selected for harvesting. I haven't seen a respawned log like this return to normal yet.

In Mystery Lake when a limb (either cedar or fir) is harvested for logs, then the player goes indoors and sleeps, the limbs of the same shape and in the same location respawn but cannot be selected for harvest again.

I experienced this on the large log outside the front door of the lake club house, then on every log on and over the hills around trapper's homestead. It appears to be affecting every limb, not just one or two of them.

I have not checked to see if they can eventually (more than a few days) be selected for harvesting. I haven't seen a respawned log like this return to normal yet.

I experienced this as well with the cedar log that you are describing across from Camp Office on the ML map. After I had harvested it and went inside, it was there again but as image only. It did re-spawn after about 4 days had elapsed. I was able to harvest it a second time. I think usually with that particular limb set that once it is harvested it usually is gone for good.

This has happened to me as well, the sprite disappears after harvest and reappears after sleeping, but is not harvest-able. I tested the waiting theory and found that even after a week they were not harvest-able. I think its totally fine if they aren't; they should just either respawn completely or disappear. It would be great if they did respawn, either in the same spot or in other areas, as large trees are not harvest-able wood would eventually become scarce in certain areas.

Archived