#2950 - v.280 REPAIR/HARVEST icons need constant clicking.

Vortex

Sometimes I have to click on the REPAIR or HARVEST icons a few times in succession before it registers. (Worst case scenario is about five clicks.)

Happens intermittently and with various items. I can confirm that no other option is being done whilst I am attempting to select these options.

Cheers

So far I haven't been able to reproduce it:

Is this from a relatively fresh run, or using a game save from a much older version?

Is it happening in one location/map, or in all areas?

Is it happening each time, to just on random occasions?

Are any other actions/activities showing the same lack of clicking response?

Are you on a laptop, or desktop system?

To reproduce, the tech team will likely need a copy of your debug output log, as well as your game save folders:

DEBUG OUTPUT FILE

Without any info on your system specs, there's no way to tell if there's a hardware issue without further details. Attach your debug output log if you need the devs to check for game compatibility issues.

On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like:

C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

It's possible the Library folder will be hidden. You can make it show up by typing the following into Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

SAVE GAME FOLDERS

On PC, zip or rar the save games directory for the game for Steam:

C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark\save001 through save 005

For Mac, the game save files from:

/Users/REPLACEWITHYOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Hinterland/The Long Dark/

Where REPLACEWITHYOURUSERNAME should be the username for the mac in question.

If you can't upload them here, email the files to support@hinterlandgames.com

Please include a link to this thread, and your username from this forum so that we can make sure it's assigned to the matching bug report ticket.

Thank You :)

Is this from a relatively fresh run, or using a game save from a much older version?

Fresh run. Happens in any run under the current build.

Is it happening in one location/map, or in all areas?

All areas. It's a UI thing.

Are any other actions/activities showing the same lack of clicking response?

No.

Are you on a laptop, or desktop system?

Desktop.

Is it happening each time, to just on random occasions?

It was appearing as if it were a random occurence, but I think I worked it out. Explanation below.

* I think the problem stems from the "placing" of the text within the icon space. It appears you have to click directly on the text itself for it to work; clicking on the icon spacing is when it does not register. I have since adjusted to click on the icon text and it works everytime now.

IE: There is a 'lot' of highlighted space where you hover your mouse to select the harvesting, but there is a minimal landing spot of your clicks registering the click command. You have to aim directly at the text but the icon spacing is much larger. It gives the player the impression that the icon spacing is clickable, but it is the text that needs direct clicking.

I've taken a FRAPS video for your perousal. Where you see the mouse cursor jumping to the centre; that is when the when the clicks are not registering. I also wiggle the mouse left and right a bit when it does not register, but also does not make the cursor jump to the middle.

The big cursor jumps are basically not my inputs.

https://youtu.be/N0qAba-N0CM

I am using a fully functional Logitech G300 corded mouse - I really don't believe that is the issue as I can use it seamlessly with every other game I have, and it operates sensationally in Windows 7.

Archived