Glitched Wolf at Alan's Cave

Muk_Pile

Lately, while I was residing at Alan's Cave during a session on the Mystery Lake map, something odd seems to occur with the wolves there.

First, I would build a campfire and then hop into my sleeping bag to rest. Then, I was woken up and I could hear a wolf barking and rushing at me. But when I looked around, there was no wolf in the cave nor even within my sights (even though he sounded like he was right behind me).

The first time this happened, I shrugged it off and went back to sleep. After several hours I awoke again to hear that wolf barking at me again, this time I spun around and saw him charge at me. However, when he's only a yard or two away from me, he hit an invisible wall, so he appeared to be running in place. Naturally, I took pity upon the glitched out creature and put him out of his misery with a one well placed rifle round to the head.

I thought this was just a random computer error until I returned to the cave while I was playing a different session. It went similarly to my previous encounter: a barking and running noise woke me from my sleep, but there is no wolf in sight. So, I went back to sleep and woke up to hear that invisible wolf still barking at me.

I decided to leave the cave this time before he managed to reappear while I was dozing off again. I took a torch from my fire, checked to see if the coast was clear, and sprinted off towards the Mystery Lake. I got about as far as the clearing by the river where the rabbits usually spawn when I was silently attacked from behind by that ghostly wolf.

Never even heard his paws hit the snow.

I also have several screenshots from the first event, but I can't upload them at the moment, since they are currently on a separate computer that has difficulties with this website. If you need them, I'll try and transfer them to this computer and upload them.

Archived