Xbox One review: Difference in difficulty 2

Bluesockes

A while back, I posted a review regarding difficulty, wolf AI, etc. Hinterland has done a fantastic job tweaking and tuning the game to make it even better. At this point, the only thing that I can provide as far as feedback (as a user) would be that adding the ability to customize the difficulty regarding individual settings would be fantastic. For example, Voyager difficulty in regards to weather, water, food, etc but Pilgrim wolf difficulty. What would be wonderful would be a type of "slider" system for each area. Slide weather punishment to max but starvation to medium, etc etc. This is the only thing I can think of to make this game better. I've always felt like the divide between pilgrim and voyager in regards to difficulty is too great and this would allow the user to have the "perfect" tailored experience.

Myself and others have mentioned custom difficulty setting on here before http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5924

I too would love to have the ability to shape the game to the way I want to play it but, unusually for Hinterland, they don't seem very open to the idea. Must be an Xbox user thing!

BTW, if you want to add me on Xbox my username is Mascot the same as on here :mrgreen:

Hello,

I think my "problem" with the game is good to be written down here.

For a long time, when I started the game I play in Pilgrim, I love that way to explore and fight against the nature. But after time this game-style gets boring for me. There always to much stuff and no more fight against the nature, it feels like holidays.

I try the other modes but there are not my style - I realize I don`t want to fight against wolfs... it`s okay if I get to close to them or any other reason but not without a reason.

My big and nearest my only problem is, my Explore-Style "Pilgrim" are too easy to play.

I hope I could explain my feelings also when my English is not so good.

I hope I could explain my feelings also when my English is not so good.

Your English is quite good ;-)

And I'd say, even on Stalker you run into the same problem. And the problem is, in the long run you run out of problems :-) We are the most dangerous predator in this realm, and when you've learned your way around, you can stay out of trouble by just being cautious. Perhaps if and when we'll see some npc's our superiority will get challenged. Afterall, in any post-apocalyptic world, the real danger is coming from the other people.

Cheers

Agreed all around. Slider scale for different difficulty settings.

Add people, just like one wandering AI person per region that will take gear from your stashes. Shoot you, fight you, or maybe even ally and trade with you or give you stuff.

Archived