Jerky movement in v.264

toddajstewart

I find the same thing in v.265 as well.

I'm on PC/Steam using a mouse. It takes a second or two every time I want to pick something up off the ground. It's like learning to drive a stick shift car. You have to move the mouse a bit to get the pointer going, but then you sort of "pop the clutch" and the pointer overshoots the item as it lurches into motion.

Could you please let us know your system specs and graphic card, and also attach your debug output file for the team to check:

On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like:

C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

It's possible the Library folder will be hidden. You can make it show up by typing the following into Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

• 2 weeks later...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Model Studio XPS 1645

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 1600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Name ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 59 hertz

output_log.txt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3z7a- ... sp=sharing

The techs wanted me to ask whether you tried running the game in "Low" settings, plus lower resolution?

With all the new graphic enhancements turned on now [especially in Hi Res Ultra settings], it's making use of the heavier capabilities of DX11.

I'm assuming you're running a notebook since the processor is only 1.60GHz, so you may not be able to run as high settings with all the effects now turned on. As well I tracked down some info on your card which says it's only a DX 10.1 graphics adapter, and mentions:

"The gaming performance of the GPU lies between the desktop HD 4650 and 4670. Therefore, most DirectX 9 games (like Call of Duty 4, F.E.A.R., or Unreal Tournament 3) should be playable in high details (in 1024x768). Demanding DX10 games from 2008 like Crysis run only in medium details fluently. Compared to Nvidia graphics cards, the performance should be on par with a GeForce GT 335M (lower synthetic scores but equal gaming performance)."

So try low settings (might need to run in DX9 mode) and see how that works slowly stepping up resolutions. Let us know the results, and I'll update the team on the info.

Thank You :)

Archived