Wolves Hate Me Now

selfless

So I've been doing a long game now and have taken to the Dam at Mystery Lake. My daily excursions involve slaying the two wolves that patrol near the Dam entrance, for convenience sake.

They have seemingly responded by now attacking me on sight. No stand off. No showdown. They charge from 80 yards away. Logical if not for the fact that the wolves that should have learned that lesson were the ones I killed. But then maybe its his twin brother come for vendetta? Exception is the wolf at the Train Loading Area. He always runs away. I think maybe cuz I shot an arrow near him to run him off a deer corpse a few times or maybe we wrestled once and he survived.

But the weird part is the overall wolf population. By killing in just these two spots as frequently as they appear, I have seemingly depopulated the entire map of wolves. On quests to the Lake Cabins and the Pond I have sometimes seen no wolves at all despite having never killed any in those locations.

So, perhaps, individual spawns retain some behavioral traits, even after the wolf who would have been developing those traits has died, but whether or not a wolf spawns at all is dependent on a more global population trait that can be diminished. Just thoughts.

Oops, meant to post this in Feedback. :(

Archived