Unholster Action

selfless

Could pressing the "holster" key when hands are empty "un-holster" the most recently equipped item (aka the thing i just holstered)? That would be so awesome if I didn't have to keep tabbing through to get my commonly used item back in hand again. Follows if previously used item is removed from inventory, action returns to unavailable state. Thanks.

Interesting idea. I suspect it would add more code and more state information to do this from last equipped light or weapon however I have been trying to work out the best way to carry a lit or unlit torch and then switch to rifle. IIRC when you press 2 to equip your rifle, your torch drops to the ground and you can back up a little and the wolf won't attack. So the net might be a trade off: complexity and risk vs limited utility. Time saving short cuts for wolf interactions is the point when quick action is necessary. With the lantern, I believe it gets "holstered" (extinguished) if you equip the rifle. You normally don't carry the lantern about outdoors (fuel being precious)

But keep up with suggestions; I like that they listen to them and acknowledge the feedback.

Have you read of the cache, bear pit trap, sledge, gill net or temp shelter enhancements? these are very popular ones!

Archived