My take on the recent changes

Nemesis

I think we the community and the devs need to put our heads together and come up with ways to make the game harder without breaking the gameplay. In my latest episode I get caught up in the most hallacious storm I've been in yet. Visibility was literally zero at times. Since I knew exactly were I was it never endanger me but it was pretty amazing anyway. While that particular storm was a great Lone Dark type of experience, the increased frequency of storms is not (in my not so humble opinion). You want sudden imminent dangers from time to time, even often, but not so often that it becomes annoying. I think we've gone over the line on the frequency of awful weather.

The inability to run like we used to is also annoying. It's tedious to have to walk so slowly from point A to point B. Nor is it "realistic" as the one advantage that humans had over animals on the Savannah was that we could run all day, every day. Because they don't have pores and can't sweat we would literally run them to death. But way more important is that it's bad gameplay.

I didn't like the new wood gathering system at first, but I think now that it's a good thing and was way too easy before. It's a legitimate way to force you out of your base and expose you to some danger. I have the feeling that the Fir scarcity is a bit too severe, but I'm not sure, I haven't played long enough on this new circumstance to have a firm opinion.

The ability to tear up the furniture is great if only because it allowed me to tear down the damn chair between the table and refrigerator at the farm. No more tripping and getting stuck on the way to the stove. Thank you!

I haven't had a hand to hand with a wolf yet so I have no opinion on the new system and the multiple wounds thing. What I've seen in You Tube looks fine.

This is still an amazing game to me after a few months of playing, but I can see we're struggling with how to make it even more exciting without jumping the shark.

Archived