[solved] Black Screen On Startup - Latest Version

FragFestGamers

Hello,

Bug description - Black Screen on launch of game.

When launching the game through steam, the game shows a black screen with no audio. The only thing to do is to force quit the game.

Repro: Start game through steam, Black screen is shown and happens every time.

Additional: I tried to set the launch options with force-d3d9 with the same result. I just bought the game and are unable to get to the main menu. Just showing a black screen. Anti virus and game controllers were un-pluged as well as any recording software was shut down before launching the game. I have also reinstalled the game and also verified the game cash and I am getting the same result. Graphic card drivers are up to date as well as windows. Attaching a log file.

Thanks

output_log.rar

You are actually missing a plugin that Steam should have installed when the game was. It is the Visual Studio C++ redistributable package. You can Download it manually From Microsfot here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=40784

You're running a 64 bit system so be sure to install the x64 package and not the x86 one.

Jeremy

I have downloaded the 64 bit version and it was already installed on my computer. I tried to uninstall the patch and reinstalled it and the issue is still not resolved. I also re validated the game files through steam and it shows that everything is still at 100%. Installed direct X 11.1 update and still the same result. I also tried getting a update for the framework 4.5 and same result. Would you happen to know any more solutions.

Archived