CO-OP

Im_harris

Have been playing this game for about a week now and have absolutely fallen in love. A friend and I purchased the game and have been having a great deal of fun with every aspect of this incredible world. The only problem, we hate sitting around unable to play while the other takes his turn. CO-OP is the answer! The CO-OP aspect could be taken in a couple ways: 1. A sort of challenge mode where players compete to see who can create the best possible survival situation in an attempt to survive and 2. Classic CO-OP where players would of course work together to survive The Long Dark.

I see both points to the argument. Though I personally want Co-op, the fact is time management in this game makes it hard to implement. If time (when doing nothing) was normal (which I am pretty sure it is not) it would be extremely hard to implement. How long is an hour in this game? If an hour was worth several minutes, it would mean it is a bit easier to implement.

The best way to implement this would be to make it impossible to sleep unless both player are sleeping, and if one wakes they both wake. If someone is doing an "activity" then time does not speed up, but stays at the same time slow, until the other player is doing an "activity", where time then speeds up. That would be the only way for Co-op to work in this game.

Archived