Fewer Separate Interiors

ark1of712

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is any plan in the future to move some of the interior locations into the outside world. I know a lot of us gravitated towards sleeping in the outlook tower back in the early days, because even though it was so ridiculously impractical, it just felt so damn cozy in there!

I know in terms of programming, memory, computer load, this is a nightmare, so I was simply curious if this was something you were even considering for any houses at all. I think it would be really neat. In fact, even still having it as a separate cell but being able to look out the windows would be awesome.

Thanks again for the great game!

I can answer that, extremely unlikely.

Apart from what you mentioned, the maps would have to be made bigger by at least a factor of two or three.

Example: Quonset is what, three times bigger on the inside than on the outside? And even if you do it it would just dwarf the nearby houses and cars, it would look terribly silly. This is true for all interiors.

Plus the game is still in development, expanding maps and interiors doesn't seem so unreasonable, some updates they're already doubling the available play space. Why not do an update dedicated to meshing the world together?

Doesn't seem so unreasonable to me :)

Archived