MRE Contents

AmericanSteel

While the MRE has existed in the game, I do believe a change is in order.

An MRE contains a ton of items we are not using:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meal,_Ready-to-Eat

The devs should change the MRE to be a harvestable item. It stays at 100% until harvested. It breaks down into:

* Current Food Portion - that begins to degrade just like any other canned item

* A single serving of coffee or tea (there are a lot of other choices, but those fit the confines of the game right now).

* A tinder plug - do you see the amount of burnable trash in that container? The potty paper alone makes a great fire starter

* A matchbook

* A flameless ration heater - we can then add a bit of water and make the "current food portion" a hot meal. You can also make this little jewel a "warmer" for yourself, just don't go huffing the gas that escapes. I cooked my MRE on the engine of our hummer and then put the warmer at the foot of my sleeping bag with my extra set of socks to toast it up. I put the FRH between my flak jacket and my BDUs (around my stomach area) as a body warmer. You can also make an explosive out of them, but lets leave that option off the table. :shock:

This would make an MRE a freaking gold mine of a find in the game. Which it would be if we were cast into a similar situation.

Archived