fatigue

rooster

Love the game and the updates and rarely do or would i complain about it.the issue i am seeing with the newest update is fatigue.is it just me or does this rise extremely fast?i play on stalker,by the way.i can literally,hardly make it from the PV farmhouse up to signal hill without being totally exhausted!Picking up some branches and such on the way but nothing extreme,and not sprinting the whole way either,lucky if i used one whole bar.It is about the same deal just from the farmhouse to the barn!have to sleep for 2-3 hours if i want to make it back the same day!

the only other thing i noticed is that i cant unequip an item?flare,etc..cycle through them and there is no just hands.only if i equip a firearm can i get them to unequip.noticed this when i had a spained wrist.brought up my lantern inside and with bad wrist i could not equip bow to get rid of lantern?am i missing something here?

have been playing the game for at least a year now and love it,by the way.

rooster you can unequip by pressing the holster key (H) on the PC version. Not sure about consoles. I un-equip items a lot too.

Yes, I also hope that fatigue gets a minor re-tweak:

I used to be able to move from Trapper's homestead to the cabin near unnamed pond to snare rabbits before starting my day. Now, if I do that I need a looong lie down, and then usually the weather changes and that's it for the day. I thought that the occasional sprint could be the problem, so elsewhere on the map I started walking to see how far I could get before being totally exhausted. I can only walk for three hours now, and have to sleep for a good five hours before having a realistic chance of walking anywhere else. It seems a bit harsh.

Coffee doesn't seem to work as well in reducing fatigue now. I heated one coffee up at a fire in a fishing hut, drank it, and immediately started heating the next one up so that I'd have enough energy to run in case I met a wolf on the way back the camp office. To my surprise I was exhausted again once the second coffee had boiled - I hadn't even moved anywhere. So that means coffee now wears off in minutes, or it's a bug.

I think that you should be able to have the odd sprint without totally exhausting yourself too, so I hope they make sprinting a little less fatiguing - or extend the total number of points on the exhaustion bar so that you have the option of spending the rest of the day 'tired' and unable to sprint again, but still able to stay awake without having to sleep at strange hours.

Still, I'm greatly enjoying this version, and I definitely spent more time feeling busy, and had more dangerous moments, than the previous version. I'm travelling on average half the distance I used to, and it's extended my time on each map by around 15 days.

thanks on the holster,i didnt know that.i just did some walking around a little sprinting but nothing serious and there is 9 hours of daylight left and i already got the "tired" notice!not overweight,no animal kills,and no wood gathering!what gives?not sure if i would want to play this way.

on a side not also,i use the bow extremely alot and was becoming pretty good with it.now they took away the little "aiming dot"i would call it!more realistic,i know,but wish this would be an option?cant hit hardly anything unless its extremely close!

Well fatigue and stamina are now separate attributes. Coffee is extremely valuable since fatigue sets in very quickly at Voyageur or higher when you are trying to tote just your basic hunting kit or when changing locations and trying to tote supplies.

If coffee is not resetting fatigue then I think that is a bug. If you can verify, then post it in the bugs section; they might not even notice it here in general discussion.

Archived