Last run of .244

I just finished recording a pretty interesting hour-long run. Because it's going to take a lot of time to render and upload, and it has no commentary, what do you guys think, more enjoyable if I add my thoughts during the run as subtitles or not?

Bad news guys, the video has no audio.

This is because my setup to record two audio tracks - game and music - failed, even if it did work when I tested it, of course. My intention was to obviously mux the video stream with the game audio and leave the music out. What I did end up with was an hour-long audio track of copyrighted music and an hour-long track of audio clipping, game audio.

In the future I will simply play the music from a different computer.

You may wonder, why the need to play music to begin with? Well, it's a personal preference, I really can't focus on the game if I focus on the game, if that makes any sense.

As for the subtitles I decided against them since there was no feedback and if someone does watch the run it's more interesting if what I'm thinking and why I'm doing what I'm doing the way I'm doing it is unknown.

Huge mistakes were made, but also some pretty good decisions were took, maybe.

I think it's a worthwhile run to watch, if you find the time and a way to make it bearable, maybe playing your own music and see it not as an attempt at entertainment but as a conversation between me - and by extension you, abstractly, as the player - and the game.

In terms of raw gameplay I can personally deliver, this is the real deal, not a let's play, not a stream, as in those cases I'd be worried more about trying to be entertaining than whith a pure experience of the game. Also, using words to describe gameplay and provide feedback never worked for me. Video just is what it is.

As for the run itself, the rules were simple. One attempt, no loading, stalker, ML, injure or kill exactly one fish, rabbit, deer, wolf, bear.

Put in the context of the entirety of the discussions about the game on the forums, I think it's worth your time.

[bBvideo 560,340:340i3sus]

[/bBvideo]

Archived