#1550 - Game crash

Nafro789

My computer can run this game on Ultra and runs very smooth no glitching ect.

however it keeps crashing at farm homestead (pleasant valley) when i leave the house and basement, it also did it at the red barn, in the past 3 hours i have had like 6 crashes its very annoying but as the game is awesome so its ok... for now :P

the file attached is the last error i got, please help (:

Cheers Nafro (:

error.log

Try doing this, I'm not sure if it'll work but lets try it anyways to eliminate the possibility.

In Steam interface, click on "LIBRARY".

In games list, right click on "The Long Dark".

Choose "Properties"

Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."

Paste into text box "-force-d3d9" without the quotes

Click "OK".

Click "CLOSE".

Jeremy

check the spelling of the environment run time variable. I think it should be -force-dxd9 but check that.

Mty Dx11 crash problems disappeared since recently after I restarted with a new Sandbox. Not sure if that was related but for now, things are working for me again.

• 2 months later...
Looks like you might be missing this package: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=40784

This is the Visual Studio C++ 2013 Redist package that Steam should have installed with the game. Please download it Manually from Microspft and see if this helps with the issue.

Jeremy

Bug Ticket #1550 Still currently open

Following up to see if Jeremy's suggestion directly above to install the missing Visual Studio C++ 2013 Redist package worked in solving your crash issue or not?

Thanks

Looks like you might be missing this package: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=40784

This is the Visual Studio C++ 2013 Redist package that Steam should have installed with the game. Please download it Manually from Microspft and see if this helps with the issue.

Jeremy

I just checked and I have the 64bit version of the Visual Studio C++ 2013 installed. It doesn't need a 32 bit version does it?

My crash symptoms are different. It hangs first and then when you switch back to it from Windows, it will crash at that point. I have a problem with unable to create vertex buffer.

Archived