Bugs - Flying Birds, Foraging, and Repairs

Apoc37

I saw some birds for the first time today, and watched them fly into and through a mountain.

I also noticed sometimes while foraging, especially if it's dark. The item I find is black, or I can't see an image at all. It still tells me what it is thought, so I'm not trying to put lantern fuel in my water bottle....ha ha ha.

Guest mcopeman

When you say the item is black do you mean in the inventory or wandering around? At night its designed to be difficult to see without a lantern.

The birds bug is known and on the list to be fixed. Thanks for posting!

Melody~

No, not in my inventory, just when I find it in a cupboard, or someplace else.

Thanks.

Also I noticed yesterday while repairing an item, sometimes it doesn't show me repairing it. But I can hear it being repaired and after the time allotted....its repaired. Or failed. But no timer bar or anything.

So yesterday I played a game and I couldn't get warm from any fire.

At first I was outside and no matter how much ch wood I put on the fire my coldness just kept going up. And again later in a fishing hut. I thought it had to do with wind chill, but not sure.

Then later I put a ton of wood on a fire and it just disappeared. And in a vain attempt to get warmer to forage for more wood I burned up.

Sometimes it's incredibly cold outside, and one fire won't be sufficient to warm you up enough. You'd have to try lighting a second fire, or going inside where it's easier to keep warmer. I've only had to light a second fire once though, because there are other things you can take with you to prepare.

Fishing huts don't have a door on them, so they're as cold as the outside minus the wind chill. If the wind is blowing through the entrance, then you get the wind chill as well! If you're planning a fishing trip, take everything you can think of that would help keep you warm in case a storm hits - but even then you may have to dash for cover elsewhere.

Strong winds will blow out your fire if it isn't sheltered from them. It sounds like that's what happened to you. The wind changes direction every few hours now, which is hard work if you're getting tired and need to sleep. If your fire burns out then you lose all of the wood you put on it. I learned that one the hard way!

Archived