Survivalist's notes: (un)wanted features

unti1x

1. Where is north?

Drop any thing (e.g. pelt) and it'll show you right direction.

2. I just leave it there

Use tables and shelvings for curing gut and other crap. Or maybe improve "place" option giving ability to move things like it works with stormlamp or bedroll.

3. Bloody lure for rabbits

Improve crafting by replacing gut with lines where it really need.

4. I just take this thing and... here we have twice more

Rebalance masses of some objects, e.g. whitepapers and tinder plugs: second ones will have greater mass than whitepaper had, before it been "harvested".

5. Elephant in the pocket

Hybrid system for containers: size (net/slots) and mass. Like in Diablo 2, but with mass. Maybe even 3d: model of container with places where you can place something.

6. "What have we here?"

Manual container search. "Needle in a haystack" minigame.

7. I'm so fat I can't get up.

Reduce food drop rate. I spend 2 days in the coastal town to put everything in one heap and after a week I still have 15 km of canned food (stalker mode).

1. Where is north?

Drop any thing (e.g. pelt) and it'll show you right direction.

There's no compass and I don't really thing we need a True North way.

2. I just leave it there

Use tables and shelvings for curing gut and other crap. Or maybe improve "place" option giving ability to move things like it works with stormlamp or bedroll.

+1

4. I just take this thing and... here we have twice more

Rebalance masses of some objects, e.g. whitepapers and tinder plugs: second ones will have greater mass than whitepaper had, before it been "harvested".

+1

5. Elephant in the pocket

Hybrid system for containers: size (net/slots) and mass. Like in Diablo 2, but with mass. Maybe even 3d: model of container with places where you can place something.

+1

6. "What have we here?"

Manual container search. "Needle in a haystack" minigame.

+1

7. I'm so fat I can't get up.

Reduce food drop rate. I spend 2 days in the coastal town to put everything in one heap and after a week I still have 15 km of canned food (stalker mode).

Try going outside. Or have the game have a problem with you. Every time i catch 15 kg's of fish, the game throws a 3 day blizzard my way. Take that fisherman, stay in your hut bwahahaha. There have been times where I've nearly starved because I didn't get any large amounts of food for almost two days.

Try surviving for longer than 60 days and you'll start to see a problem in those foods.

I killed a bear. The meat degraded and rotted away in a single blizzard (1 evening). 34kg's of meat wasted.

Actually reducing of food amount is required to force players move and hunt. Currently you can survive in stalker mode for months without starvation and killing.

I've exausted all explorable containers (buildings, dead rabbits/deer/wolves) in the game on day 45 in Mystery Lake, Coastal Highway and Unpleasant Valley, the new patch repopulated most of the buildings containers, but I'm not counting those.

Please tell me how do I survive without starvation beyond this point without killing or fishing? You can't. Because moving around already explored areas doesn't magic up the food.

My current progress: day 31; started in Pleasant Valley (half explored), Coastal Highway - there now, 90% explored, have 7+kg of food, brought everything to the fishing camp, Mystery Lake - not explored. Fog and/or blizzard - every 4 hours. Now trying to make coat (workbench in the outdoors).

I meant that real need in hunting comes after couple of months if you still alive, and it is too late.

Haha, you're in the same boat as me, you have about 4 usable hours within a game day, the rest of it is never ending snow blizzards or the game telling you to hide your grin about how good you're doing.

I started in Coastal Highway on Jackrabbit island. At night, 4 hours till daylight in a snow blizzard. Went to the road to the cottage, gotten down to those 4 houses by the lake, looted them, went to bear creak, almost got eaten by a bear (had to run away), then went to Ravine and boy, was I surprised. No wolves that I could find, but 3 dead Deer and a bunch of rabbits (no snare or bow).

Came into Mystery Lake, thought "let's make gun a priority" and visited Fluffy in the dam. I scared him off with two flares, cornered him and found out there was no rifle spawn in the Dam in my game. Fought with fluffy and wounded him, ran into the interconnecting tunnel to The river. Spent there licking my wounds and gathering courage, went back into the dam and found Fluffy alive and well 2 days later. Went into Carter River, found another dead deer, found a way to the cave and then to Pleasant Valley.

Now it's day 12, I've got Deer boots made, deer skin pants in progress, bow and 6 arrows, found a rifle and 18 bullets, even fired my first shot at a wolf near Quiet pond. His meat fed me for 2 days. Only looted Radio tower, quiet pond, Outhouse and Farmstead. But I plan on returning to Carter Hydro Dam and finishing off Fluffy.

> you have about 4 usable hours within a game day

Actually, i use full day in the outdoors, no matter what the weather outside: all my courtyard is covered with ash. =)

> No wolves that I could find, but 3 dead Deer and a bunch of rabbits (no snare or bow).

Yep, I saw wolf only in that now transition zone between first and third locations

> But I plan on returning to Carter Hydro Dam and finishing off Fluffy.

I guess he's dead already. And maybe despawned.

Archived